cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Announcement Seen by Students Before it was "Saved"

Jump to solution

Just before I pushed "save" on an announcement (was in the process of proofing it), I was contacted by a student who had just read it! Has anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks 

JT

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

I never had that happen before!  Sounds quite strange.  And if you are 100% positive that you did not click the "Save" button, I would recommend that you contact Canvas Support by submitting a ticket to the service cloud.  Also, in the future, I would recommend that you delay the posting (if the announcement does not need to be made immediately) a bit just in case.  This way, it won't post immediately.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

I never had that happen before!  Sounds quite strange.  And if you are 100% positive that you did not click the "Save" button, I would recommend that you contact Canvas Support by submitting a ticket to the service cloud.  Also, in the future, I would recommend that you delay the posting (if the announcement does not need to be made immediately) a bit just in case.  This way, it won't post immediately.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply and the support! It sounds very crazy, I know. If I'm not mistaken, when you hit "save", (sure wish it was changed to "send" ) the view of the announcement actually changes to a view of the list of the announcements sent, correct? I was still in the former view when I received a note from the student about the announcement.

I contacted Canvas support just to see if this was a known issue, and the tech helping said they had not heard of this- although I understand that that is just from their universe of calls, they did not consult a file of known issues concerning recent calls (which was fine- Canvas support, in my experience, has been really awesome).

It was really just a casual inquiry on my part.

Thanks very much for the suggestion to delay the posting - I will do that ongoing.

I am going to test it with a student, and if it does happen again, I will submit a ticket to the service cloud.

Thanks again very much for your help!

Best,

JT

Highlighted
Learner II

You're very welcome!  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Labels