cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Announcement notifications

Jump to solution

Hi there, just wondering how I adjust my settings so students get a notification when I have posted a new announcement? At the moment my dashboard doesn't send a notification on the little speaker icon. Is there a way of enabling this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello ldriscoll@pacifichills.net‌ when you post an announcement in your course it should post to your course, put the little megaphone icon on your course tile, and email your students (assuming they have not turned this off).  There is actually not anything you can control on your end. 

That said, there have been some issues popping up over the last few days where it is taking a few hours for announcements to go out fully.  I know the Canvas team is working to address this.

Hope this helps!

Nick

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hello ldriscoll@pacifichills.net‌ when you post an announcement in your course it should post to your course, put the little megaphone icon on your course tile, and email your students (assuming they have not turned this off).  There is actually not anything you can control on your end. 

That said, there have been some issues popping up over the last few days where it is taking a few hours for announcements to go out fully.  I know the Canvas team is working to address this.

Hope this helps!

Nick

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Great. Thank you!

Lucy Driscoll

Year 8 Home Room Teacher

Junior, Middle & Senior School (Est 1979) Wisdom and Knowledge in Christ

Phone +61 2 9651 0700 Fax +61 2 9651 3513 Address 9 - 15 Quarry Road Dural NSW 2158

Pacific Hills Christian Education Limited CRICOS No. 02340G

Web www.pacifichills.net<http://www.pacifichills.net>; ABN 11 001 832 828

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Confidential, proprietary or time sensitive communications should not be transmitted via the Internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

nwilson@butler.edu

This was a great answer you gave!  Thanks for being so helpful to your fellow community members, especially in these difficult times.  Please check your direct messages for a small token of our appreciation. 

Labels