Announcement without alignment

Jump to solution
MarilynWallace
Community Member

How do I add an announcement without alignment?  I want to post about citations, which requires proper indentations.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @MarilynWallace ...

The Rich Content Editor (RCE) in Canvas does not have the exact same toolset that you would find in a word processing software such as Microsoft Word.  In Canvas, when you use the RCE, it is writing HTML code for you...and so some of the behaviors that you are used to in Microsoft Word don't translate the same in the RCE.  Making citations is most likely one of these limitations...though you could try the "Format" >> "Directionality" options in the RCE (but I'm not sure if that's exactly what you are looking for).  A work-around that you could try would be to first create your citation in Microsoft Word, take a screen shot of that text (Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots), save it as an image, and then then embed that image as part of your announcement in Canvas.  How do I upload and embed an image in the Rich Con... - Canvas Community

Do you think this would work for your needs?  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes