cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer III

Announcements, Images, and the Mobile Apps

Jump to solution

What is the best way to get images embedded into account level announcements to show in each of the apps?  Images hosted in the files of a public course don't seem to show as they do through a web browser.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi JACOBSEN_C@fortlewis.edu...

(Assuming you are an Admin)  Whenever I want to include a JPEG or GIF image in a Global Announcement that is posted to the Canvas Dashboard, I first go to Account >> Files and then upload the image into the My Files folder. Then, I go into the Admin Settings to create my Global Announcement.  Use the Embed Image icon in the RCE, and then select the Canvas tab.  Finally, click on the My files folder, and then select the image you uploaded.

Often, when I create announcements, I will place my image at the very top left hand corner of my announcement (after I've composed all my text for the announcement).  Then, I click on the Align right icon in the RCE, and it bumps it over to the right side of the page.

Everything should look fine on mobile if you follow the above steps.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi JACOBSEN_C@fortlewis.edu...

(Assuming you are an Admin)  Whenever I want to include a JPEG or GIF image in a Global Announcement that is posted to the Canvas Dashboard, I first go to Account >> Files and then upload the image into the My Files folder. Then, I go into the Admin Settings to create my Global Announcement.  Use the Embed Image icon in the RCE, and then select the Canvas tab.  Finally, click on the My files folder, and then select the image you uploaded.

Often, when I create announcements, I will place my image at the very top left hand corner of my announcement (after I've composed all my text for the announcement).  Then, I click on the Align right icon in the RCE, and it bumps it over to the right side of the page.

Everything should look fine on mobile if you follow the above steps.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Awesome!  This worked great, thanks!

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels