cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zollingerk
Community Member

Announcements deleted without my permission?

Jump to solution

Is there a reason why announcements would have been deleted out of one of my courses without my permission?  If so, how do I gain access to those announcements again?  I created 26 new announcements over the past few weeks and posted them in an old course because the course they are for is not available yet.  However, when I went back into the old course today to make some changes and access the newly created announcement, they are all gone.   The announcements that were originally posted during the semester of the course itself are still there, but the new announcements that I had set not to publish until after next semester start are all gone. That was literally about 20 hours of work, and I would like to know how to find those announcements and have them put back in my course.  I simply do not have the time to create them all again, and I need them back.  This is a huge problem for me.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zollingerk
Community Member

Thank you, Chris.  I actually ended up just having to call the school I work for and they were able to find the old announcements and get them put back in my course.  The undeleting tool didn't work because it was a specific setting my individual school had implemented.  The announcements hadn't actually been deleted, they were just no longer visible to me.  My school's IT department was able to get it fixed for me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello ther,  @zollingerk ...

I am sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here in the Canvas Community for over four months without a response.  As I read through your question, the first thing I thought of was the "undelete" trick.  Have you tried that?  If not, here's a good posting by  @hollands ‌ called Undeleting things in Canvas‌.  You might give that a try to see if it works for your needs.  Hopefully, though, you've been able to find a solution on your own to get your announcements back so you didn't have to re-type them all in.  Community members would like to hear back from you, so if you could please come back to this topic to provide us with an update (providing any necessary details), that would be helpful.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've found a solution...but more because we've not heard back from you and there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since August 23, 2019.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Korissa.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

zollingerk
Community Member

Thank you, Chris.  I actually ended up just having to call the school I work for and they were able to find the old announcements and get them put back in my course.  The undeleting tool didn't work because it was a specific setting my individual school had implemented.  The announcements hadn't actually been deleted, they were just no longer visible to me.  My school's IT department was able to get it fixed for me.

View solution in original post