Announcements not visible to students

Jump to solution
bshuford
Community Novice

How can I go into settings and make the announcements visible to students?    

3 Solutions
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @bshuford  Welcome to the Canvas Community. You're in the right place! If students can't see your Announcements, it's likely the menu item has been disabled.  In Settings, click on the Navigation tab at the top.  This is where you control the order and accessibility of menu items.  If Announcements is in the bottom part, click-and-drag it to the top, as covered here:  How do I manage Course Navigation links? 

While you're in Settings, did you know you can have recent Announcements appear on the HOME page?  I recommend this, because then there's another place students will see them.  Details are here:  How do I show recent announcements in the Course Home Page? 

If all that does not help, make sure you did not enable a checkbox accidentally to delay the posting of an announcement.  That's illustrated here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10422-415250735 just in case it may be another item to check.

Hope this helps, Bernard!

View solution in original post

berwin
Community Contributor

My announcements were actually in the top part of the Navigation tab, yet the crossed out eye that indicates no content/not visible to students was still showing, even with three announcements posted. Clicking "Save" in the Navigation tab corrected this and the announcements to finally show. 

james_neill
Community Participant

What worked for me:

• Settings - Navigation - move Announcements from top section to bottom section and Save.
  • Settings - Navigation - move Announcements from bottom section to top section and Save.