Announcements will not appear on Firefox

Jump to solution
quinn_staffordw
Community Novice

The Announcements section is empty whenever on Firefox.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @quinn_staffordw  Welcome to the Canvas Community. I don't recall hearing something quite like that before....that indeed is strange behavior.  Are Announcements working okay on other browsers??  You did not indicate if you are a student or an instructor, but the first thing to check in either case is to make sure everything is up to date with your version of Firefox, as outlined here: Which browsers does Canvas support? Be sure to especially check the information regarding privacy and security that are covered on that page.

Also, clear your browser cache, just be safe.  That is covered here: How do I clear my browser cache on a PC? and here: How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac? But if you are able to see the Announcements on another browser, that definitely points to something that is Firefox-specific that's keeping you from viewing them.  Although Announcements are not "pop-ups" in Canvas, also double-check these settings: How do I allow pop-ups for Canvas in my browser?

Apart from that...I'm stuck!  You may want to see if your local support can offer any assistance if this behavior and/or report the problem directly to Canvas (Help>>Report a Problem) since the latter will capture all the specific information regarding computer, browser, etc., that may help solve the problem.

Hope this helps a bit, Quinn.

View solution in original post

0 Likes