Announcements

Jump to solution
khollenback
Community Novice

Hello! I'm wondering if you might be able to help...I have just sent an announcement to my classes on Canvas (Language Arts 7.  https://chc.instructure.com/courses/2409 ), but the students can't see it and don't receive an alert. I've tried looking at my settings, but can't figure it out. Thanks!

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @khollenback ...

The link that you provided to your course is behind a secure username/password login site.  Therefore, the vast majority of Community users here would not be able to log in to see what your course looks like.  However, the main thing to check is your "Announcements" navigation button on the left side of your course.  Is this button enabled?  You can check this by reviewing this Guide: How do I manage Course Navigation links?  If the "Announcements" button is hidden from students, you will need to enable it so that your students can review the announcements in your course.  As a bit of a side note, you also have the option of displaying some of your course announcements on your "Home" page...following the instructions in this Guide: How do I show recent announcements in the Course Home Page?.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Kris.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this information.  Thanks!

View solution in original post