cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aholland3
Surveyor

Announcements

I cannot make the Announcements visible to my students. I have tried both dragging it, and clicking enable. It will move to the top, but still has the crossed out eye. I have tried numerous times so I'm not sure what to do. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@aholland3 ‌, have you posted an announcement to the announcements page yet? For most navigation items, even when they're enabled in course navigation, they will not be visible to students until content is added.

If that's not the case, it might be a caching issue; see if clearing the cache or switching to a different browser helps.

And if that doesn't resolve the issue, it might need to be looked into more deeply by Canvas Support (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?‌)

Hope this helps, Angela.

jenkinlu
Community Member

Angela, I think you have eto go to your settings to get rid of the eye (maybe through your sandbox?)

Angela: Here's a reply from another thread.:Hello there, Valerie Golden Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  It sounds like you are seeing the crossed-out eye icon next to the "Announcements" and "Assignments" buttons on your left-hand course navigation.  This is easy to fix...just follow the instructions outlined in this Guide: How do I manage Course Navigation links?.

Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks Valerie!