Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerry_shea
Community Member

Anonymous participation in course

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm testing out a course and having friends and peers pilot the content. Is there are way I can make it so participants are unable to see other participants in the course? So in other words, their participation is anonymous?

Is it as simple as disabling the Navigation Link to people?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kerry_shea  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  If you hide the "People" navigation button (see How do I manage Course Navigation links?) in your course, students would still be able to contact each other in the course through the Canvas "Inbox".  Also, if you had any discussion topics in your course, students would be able to see who has posted replies.  There isn't an option for students to see anonymous postings in discussion topics.  A few other areas that students may see who else is in the course would be Groups, Chat, Announcements (if you allow commenting), Conferences, and Collaborations.  I hope that this information helps, Kerry.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @kerry_shea  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  If you hide the "People" navigation button (see How do I manage Course Navigation links?) in your course, students would still be able to contact each other in the course through the Canvas "Inbox".  Also, if you had any discussion topics in your course, students would be able to see who has posted replies.  There isn't an option for students to see anonymous postings in discussion topics.  A few other areas that students may see who else is in the course would be Groups, Chat, Announcements (if you allow commenting), Conferences, and Collaborations.  I hope that this information helps, Kerry.

View solution in original post