cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Learner II

Anyone else experiencing Kaltura videos in Canvas that stop playing after a few minutes? I'm hearing from instructors and students on this issue.

Jump to solution

No other information at this time

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Learner II

Update: This issue may be occurring in the Kaltura desktop app-to-upload process. A possible workaround is to go to the source video and upload it old fashion way, for now, go to My Media > Add New > Upload. The source video created in the desktop app is somewhere on your computer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Learner II

Students are saying that they're getting an error that third-party cookies need to be enabled but when they do enable them, it does not always resolve the playback issue. Tested on Android, Windows and Mac environments and Internet Explorer, Safari, and Chrome browsers.

Learner II

Update: This issue may be occurring in the Kaltura desktop app-to-upload process. A possible workaround is to go to the source video and upload it old fashion way, for now, go to My Media > Add New > Upload. The source video created in the desktop app is somewhere on your computer.

View solution in original post

Hello there, cmccann@fsu.edu...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I am sorry to see that your question didn't get any feedback from other members of the Community.  However, I am glad to see that you've posted a couple updates since your original posting on your findings.  Because of this, I am going to mark your latest response as the "Correct" answer.  But, if you've found out anything new since you had posted that feedback, please let us know by posting a new comment below.  Other Community members will still be able to post comments and ask questions about this topic should they have similar issues.  I hope this will be okay with you, Charles.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.