cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Anyone having the SIS Imports "Progress" link mouseover display incorrectly?

Under the SIS Imports area there are links generated for "Status" and "Progress".  When you mouseover these links a popup appears, but it does not display correctly.  The popup shows the HTML/CSS coding along with the data.  I'm using Chrome, and have been aware of this problem for probably at least a year.  The only reason I am asking about this now is that someone recently pointed to a Chrome add-on that gives extra functionality to this SIS Imports area.  Once I added the add-on, I noticed that the popup windows displayed correctly.  Anyone else experiencing this?

canvas-sis-imports-status-pop-up-problem.jpg

Tags (2)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Due to the technical nature of this question I'm going to share it with the Canvas Developers group in the Community. They are the ones that work with this side of Canvas and should hopefully be able to help! In addition, you might consider joining the Developers group and checking out some of their other resources/information!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi bgibson@uncfsu.edu‌...

While I don't have an answer for you, I wanted to check in with you to see if you've found any resolution to your question (and to essentially "bump" it up-thread to get exposure).  Are you still experiencing this issue, or have you found a resolution of some kind since posting your question on January 17th?  If you've found a resolution to this, could you please post an update for members of the Community?  Thanks much, Bill.  Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Highlighted

Hello bgibson@uncfsu.edu‌...

I'm checking in with you one additional time in hopes that you've been able to find a resolution to your question.  It's been several months since you first posted this message, and so because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for quite a while, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered".  However, if you are still looking for help, we can remove that label so that members of the Canvas Community can try and help you.  If you would, please come back to this thread to provide an update for us.  Thanks, and looking forward to hearing from you.

Highlighted

No, the original Canvas SIS Imports UI brokenness still appears to be the same.  The Chrome Extension "Admin UI Tweaks for Canvas" works fine though!  It adds a "Show SIS Import Details" button to the "SIS Imports" section.  Since the Chrome extension works so well, there is no need to address the original problem in Canvas.

Add this extension to your Chrome browser: Admin UI Tweaks for Canvas - Chrome Web Store 

Highlighted

https://konklone.io/json/  Convert JSON to CSV

This is a handy online utility to convert JSON output into CSV (for a row/column table of data)