Highlighted
Community Member

Apple PAGES exported

Jump to solution

I have a MacBook and use Pages for my papers.  I understand Microsoft Word is available to students and or through a subscription, I'm not interested at this time.  I am curious to know what other students experience and do when submitting their papers in via Canvas from Pages.  I had some trouble last semester with my professor receiving an empty link or a blank email altogether - I would have to turn in a printed copy by hand.

Any suggestions? I googled some pointers on the matter and the Apple website explained how to save an exported copy.  For those who do export their writings, what is the most commonly selected option? PDF, WORD... etc.

Thanks for the help!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

Hey Kylie,

What's recommended to maintain formatting is to export as a Word file most of the time, followed by a PDF, especially if you want to lock down from editing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hey Kylie,

What's recommended to maintain formatting is to export as a Word file most of the time, followed by a PDF, especially if you want to lock down from editing.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Learner II

Also, let me add, that if you send the instructor, the PAGES file, one of two things can happen, your instructor will email you back saying to send the document back as a DOC(X) or PDF, or they will call the IT Help Desk asking the tech how to open that file.

Highlighted
Learner II

Exporting a .docx or a .pdf is good advice. Those files are supported by SpeedGrader, the tool within Canvas that instructors use to grade students' submissions. Pages files are not. When in doubt, check if there are any file-type restrictions on the uploads, or submit the .pdf version.