cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Appointment groups not appearing calendar

I use Canvas to schedule attendance at catering lab events. I create an event in scheduler, students then sign up so I know how many we will have for production. This has been working fine, until now. I added about 5 appointment groups, none of which appear on the student course calendars. They appear on my scheduler, but not on the calendar. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello npetti@mendocino.edu.  I see that you posted your question a few days ago so thought I would check in and see if you are still experiencing this problem or if you contacted support at Canvas or your own institution for help.  I haven't heard of something like this happening at our institution, but when looking found a couple of other posts (and discussion on those pages) that may be worth reading to see if they have any information relevant to your situation, Members (Students) cannot view Scheduler Appts and https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/9868" modifiedtitle="true" title="Scheduler Visible to Student... (not sure if the scheduler workflow described https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9116-canvas-production-release-notes-2017-04-01#jive_conten... may be impacting what students see).

As mentioned in the first link above, it would be good to ensure that students not able to see the scheduler are formally registered for the course and if sections are used in the class that the appointment is available to those sections.  I would also double check that the course is published and in the course settings that the end date of the course has not passed.  

If nothing seems to fit your situation and you are sill having problems, I would suggest reaching out to Canvas support to see if they have any thoughts.  If you already have or do figure out what is causing this issue, please let me know in case we run into something similar ourselves in the future.

All the best!

Highlighted

Hi there:

I did reach out to Canvas and they have no answers.

Nicholas Petti

Assistant Professor, Culinary Arts Management

Mendocino College

1000 Hensley Creek Rd

Ukiah, CA 95482

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear that npetti@mendocino.edu.  If Canvas support didn't suggest something from my earlier post you might look into that.  Otherwise I will keep my eyes open for something that could be helpful and with any luck someone here has experienced what you are and has found a solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

npetti@mendocino.edu‌, we have a course with one student who is experiencing this issue today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi skhagen@wisc.edu, so it is just the one student experiencing issues?  Is the student formally registered for the course and if sections are used in the class, the appointment is available to the section including that student (since this may cause the issue)? Has he/she been able to access scheduler appointments before?  Sorry for all the question!  I am curious as to whether these are isolated events or if it may be happening more often that we currently realize.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

ericwerth‌, 

Yes, yes, yes, and I'm not sure.

I don't mind the questions. I, too, like when people post their issues so we can figure out if it's affecting others.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

npetti@mendocino.edu and ericwerth, so, in our case, pointing the student to the Find Appointments button has resolved the issue.

Highlighted

Thanks for the update skhagen@wisc.edu.  Glad that the student is taken care of!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, npetti@mendocino.edu...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed there hasn't been any new activity in this thread since April 18, 2018.  It looks like you received some help from ericwerth and the Canvas Help Desk staff, but the Help Desk staff wasn't able to provide much additional help for you.  Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?  Or, do you feel that the response from Eric could be marked as "Correct"?  If so, please go ahead and mark his response as such.  However, if you still have question about this for members of the Community, please come back to this topic to post a message below so that someone might be able to assist you.  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not seen any new activity in this topic for almost five months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Nicholas.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels