cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeHladio
Surveyor

Approve replies before publishing in Discussion?

In the past, I've used Kidblog for certain online discussion in my ELA class. With 8th graders, it is useful to be able to approve posts/comments before they are published and visible to the class. Is that setting available in Canvas? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @MikeHladio ...

Unfortunately, this kind of capability does not exist in Canvas...to my knowledge.  I did a quick search of content here in the Community, and I found two past similar topics that confirm this:

Also, I found an existing Feature Idea here that seems to align with what you are asking about: Allow instructor to block/moderate student from di... - Canvas Community.  You might want to read through that Feature Idea to see if it sounds like anything you'd want to see implemented in Canvas.  If so, give it a star rating, and also consider posting a comment to it letting Instructure know why this would be important to you.  (You could even copy your above text as a comment to that Feature Idea if you wanted.)

I know this might not totally answer your question, but I hope it has helped in some way.  Let members of the Community know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.