cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayoder
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Apps in RCE

So recently I noticed a change in the functionality of apps in the RCE mainly YouTube and Google Drive. I use Chrome as a browser and for some reason now those apps that were working just fine are coming up as errors. I was told by Tech that now I need to use an incognito tab or Firefox....will this ever go back to normal in Chrome? Its really throwing off my workflow.

Canvas Developers

K-12

‌ @scottdennis 

@kona ‌

@klundstrum ‌

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jayoder ...

I just tried using our YouTube and Google Apps LTIs that are integrated in our Canvas environment using Google v72, and I didn't have any issues.  Have you tried reaching out to Canvas Support to see if they might be able to help investigate?

jayoder
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Chris! Yes, when I said "Tech" above I was referring to Canvas Support, they are always my first go to! I did check my browser and I am using Chrome 72, but I just got the Error message again with both Drive and YouTube. Canvas support said my workaround was to use an incognito window or switch my browser to Firefox. I just don't know enough about the back end to understand what has changed, because it worked so nicely. I'm not too concerned for myself really, but to now have to tell the average teacher that if they want to use those tools they now need to open an incognito window or switch browsers yet again, sadly might be enough to blow their minds and then send the reluctant users back into their comfy 1900 style classrooms. It took almost a year to get them off of Internet Explorer! Smiley Happy

Thanks for reaching out! Perhaps it'll get fixed and in the meantime I'll start talking up Firefox and show them how to enable incognito windows as a good alternate to plant the seed!

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jayoder ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

It seems to have remedied itself! I now can embed YouTube etc without having to switch browsers etc,