cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccannonruffo
Surveyor

Arc and YouTube permissions

Jump to solution

I am trying to use ARC to compile YouTube videos for our courses. Our K-5 elementary students are blocked from YouTube. Will the videos play for them through Arc or will they still be blocked? We are looking for a way to use these videos with students without sending them directly to YouTube and this seems like the perfect solution.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your answer.

Colleen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey  @ccannonruffo ‌,

With the help of stefaniesanders‌, we tracked down an answer from the Arc Team. 

It depends on how they block access to YouTube. When a YouTube video is embedded in Arc, it is still ultimately loaded from YouTube.

So if they only block direct navigations to YouTube but allow YouTube embeds then that should allow Arc videos to play from YouTube.

Could you chat with your local IT and see how Youtube is blocked for you?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rconroy
Instructure
Instructure

Hi there,  @ccannonruffo  a belated  Welcome to the Community. We're glad you're here. Smiley Happy 

This is a very interesting question! I'm going to share this with the Arc Users Group‌ to see if anyone else has experience with it. If YouTube is blocked by your school's firewall, I'm thinking it may not be accessible, however I don't know the behind the scenes tech on how they host it. The cool thing about Arc is that it takes out the ads, which is a lot of why Youtube can be distracting. Hope we can find an answer for you!

Hey  @ccannonruffo ‌,

With the help of stefaniesanders‌, we tracked down an answer from the Arc Team. 

It depends on how they block access to YouTube. When a YouTube video is embedded in Arc, it is still ultimately loaded from YouTube.

So if they only block direct navigations to YouTube but allow YouTube embeds then that should allow Arc videos to play from YouTube.

Could you chat with your local IT and see how Youtube is blocked for you?

View solution in original post