Are discussions part of the free version of canvas?

Jump to solution
SaraLuke
Community Novice

I am trying to use canvas free version. I can't get the discussions visible for students.  is it part of the free membership?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @SaraLuke ...

Yes, Discussions should be available in the Free For Teachers (FFT) version of Canvas.  In fact, I'm taking a course right now (work related) that is using FFT, and the instructor/facilitator of that course does have discussion topics set up that we are all participating in.  Have you gone into your course "Settings" to ensure that the "Discussions" course navigation button is enabled?  How do I manage Course Navigation links? - Canvas Community  Also, have you ensured that your discussion topics are in a "published" state so that your students can see them?  How do I publish or unpublish a discussion as an i... - Canvas Community  Do you use the "Modules" screen?  If you do, and if you have discussion topics listed in your modules, is the module that the discussion topic is in also "published"?  How do I publish or unpublish a module as an instr... - Canvas Community

Hopefully these Guides will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes