cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily_schu
Community Member

Are external URLs that have been redirected to a new URL supported in Canvas?

I have a series of modules where I added External URLs as items within them. (See below)

321698_pastedImage_1.png

The original URLs that I put in are now all being redirected to a different site because the provider changed the domain. It now appears like all the links are broken - when I click on it, I just keep getting a page that says it can not connect. (see Below). Is there anything I can do about this, or does Canvas not support redirects? There are hundreds of links that I would need to go through and replace one by one otherwise if I want them to show up embedded in my Canvas course. 

321699_pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SkyVKing
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Howdy  @emily_schu ‌,

I tried a redirected link in my Canvas course just now; no problems (we recently changed the address of our Support site).

Have you tried this in multiple browsers? Because of the icon that is showing on your screenshot, it looks like maybe it's the browser settings or an add-on. Check out this article that shares how to STOP url redirects; obviously you'd want to make sure these are not selected for you.

Hope this helps; let us know.

Sky V.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @emily_schu ...

I am reviewing older questions here in the Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on August 22, 2019.  It looks like  @SkyVKing  replied to you later that morning.  Have you had a chance to review her feedback?  If so, did it help to answer your question?  Or, are you still looking for some help from Community members about your question?  If you feel that Sky's response has helped to answer your question, please feel free to click on the "Mark Correct" button next to her response.  However, if you're still looking for some help, please let us know by posting a note below for Community members.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Emily.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.