Are free trial accounts overwritten by district accounts?

Jump to solution
fraserr
Community Novice

We will be adopting Canvas soon for our building but would like to give teachers the option to begin creating content on a free account to be later transferred. Teachers signing up for free accounts are using their school email. My concern is that when our district creates an account and assigns teacher accounts, these will be overwritten as they will be using the same email address. Ideally, all teachers would be backing up their work in the commons but I'm thinking about the teachers who forget to do this. Will both accounts exist still so that teachers can retrieve the content they created? Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Rex,

If your teachers create Free-for-Teacher user accounts using their institutional email accounts and then you also create user accounts in your own instance of Canvas via a SIS integration or SIS import, they will see their FFT content when the log into canvas.instructure.com and their institutional content when they log into your instance.  I believe that if they create FFT accounts and then you send them an email invite to a course in your own instance, when they log into Canvas they will see their FFT courses and their institutional courses on the same dashboard (that is how it used to work but I haven't tested in a few years).

View solution in original post

0 Likes