cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Are hidden links possible in mastery-path courses?

Jump to solution

For a gamified course I would like to create an arrangement of quizzes.

I am implementing mastery-paths. When the student passes one quiz, one or more new quizzes open up.

Now I would like to link to the quizzes from a home-page, wheren ONLY the available quizzes are shown.
The quizzes that are not yet "unlocked", must reamin invisible (or at least greyed out or something).

Can this been done in Canvas?

#masterypaths #hiddenlink #gamification 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi martijn.koops@hu.nl

Whether a "Mastery Path course" or not, hidden links triggerable (is that even a word?) to an active and visible state is not possible in Canvas. I am not even sure how it could be done with tricky coding; but then, I am not a tricky coder.

I will share your idea with the Canvas Developers‌ group where there are some very tricksie coders. Let's see what they come up with, because that would be a very cool trick indeed!

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi martijn.koops@hu.nl

Whether a "Mastery Path course" or not, hidden links triggerable (is that even a word?) to an active and visible state is not possible in Canvas. I am not even sure how it could be done with tricky coding; but then, I am not a tricky coder.

I will share your idea with the Canvas Developers‌ group where there are some very tricksie coders. Let's see what they come up with, because that would be a very cool trick indeed!

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Hi Kelley,

THanks for the quick response. If hidinglinks is not possible, maybe it is possioble to use pictures as links. Would be great if one could toggle between two pictures: one for an unlocked link, and one for a locked link. That way I could create a black map ( all black tiles of unlocked areas) that the student can explore and make visible step by step. ( like one can configure in Classcraft)