Are instructor views of discussions student- or contribution-specific?

Jump to solution
jensenb1
Community Novice

Old question (answered):

In my discussions, I want my students to respond to my question and then have each student interact with five other (auto-assigned) discussants. My course has 150 students, so I cannot read all contributions.

Is there a way to auto-grade that

1. a student has posted ---AND---

2. s/he has replied to 5 others?

Edit: I just realized that there is no auto-grading of discussions. So I will have to click on each student's discussion to see whether s/he has responded. Disappointing. In a class of 150, that hampers my teaching style since I obviously cannot foster that much interactivity and hand-grade it.

New question:

How will I see whether the individual student also replied to five others' posts? Could someone please share a screenshot?

This is what I anticipate:

1. Each student's contributions are student-specific. I click on a student, see his/her initial post and below that, what else the student has written (to others) --- OR ---

2. Each student's contributions are posting-specific. I click on a student, see his/her initial post and below it, the five responses to that initial post.

0 Likes
1 Solution

It would be:

Jane Smith: Post

Jane Smith reply to Bill Baker: Post

Jane Smith reply to Jim Jackson: Post

Jane Smith reply to Carl Miller: Post

Jane Smith reply to Suzanne Sterling: Post

Jane Smith reply to Audrey Hall: Post

So the numbers are not there but it is easy to look and see a student did 1 initial and 5 replies. 

Thanks,

Nick 

View solution in original post

0 Likes