cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glparker
Adventurer

Are you able to Edit an Announcement to Delay Posting?

I've got a bunch of announcements in a course I imported that were delayed in their original course.   Now that I've imported them into the new course, the Delay date is unset.   I go Edit the Announcement, check the box to Delay Posting, and enter a valid date a few days in the future.  When I click Save, the spinner appears briefly, but then nothing happens.  I remain on the Edit page.  The post isn't saved, and the Delayed Posting isn't enabled.   The post remains active. 

Is this a bug, or am I missing something related to Delaying the posting of an active anouncement?

4 Replies
glparker
Adventurer

Just for the record, I can create new posts and set them as Delayed Posting.   It's the editing of existing, imported Announcements that is causing me problems.

Thanks.

Hey, Glen. Yes, this is a problem. See ​; it is on the product radar. Smiley Happy

Edit: Although, you should be able to delay the posting of announcements after copying. That sounds like a bug. I would file a support ticket if I were you.

kcampana
Community Member

Even after coping the course to a different shell the problem remained.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @glparker  ~ It's been about two months since we last heard from you. Did you file a support ticket like  @dhulsey  suggested? If so, could you share the response from Support?

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1102-publish-and-unpublish-announcements is still on the Product Radar. Hopefully you've joined the conversation there as well.

For now, I will mark this question as "Assumed Answered"; that will not prevent you or others from responding. Thanks!