cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

As an instructor, can I use an Android tablet to host Conferences & share my screen?

I have a teacher who is using her Samsung Android tablet to teach remotely, and wants to share her screen while running a Conference. The Conference tool uses Big Blue Button, and when she started a new conference, she didn't have the screen sharing icon.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

I have a teacher who is using her Samsung Android tablet to teach remotely, and wants to share her screen while running a Conference.

I am able to share my Windows 10 tablet.

The Conference tool uses Big Blue Button, and when she started a new conference, she didn't have the screen sharing icon.

The snag, for me, was that FireFox seems to be the only browser that supports screen-sharing.  I did not see the "share screen" icon in Microsoft Edge but it magically appeared when I switched to FireFox.  Based on limited testing, only the  instructor needs FireFox -- the shared tablet screen was viewable by students who were using Safari.

[:-)] Mark

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hello, cbirdsong‌,

Thank you for submitting your question! Unfortunately, at this time, Big Blue Button does not support screen-sharing on mobile devices, which does sadly include Android tablets. I apologize for this inconvenience. 

Best,

Danielle

Highlighted

thanks for the info. She can use ConferZoom but that has it's own problems..