cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgo
Community Member

Asking students to answer a check-up question in the same page as the discussion/pages

I want to make a check-up/checkpoint question to check student understanding in the same page as the my discussion. The idea is the students should be able to know immediately whether their answer is correct or wrong without having to direct them to a separate quiz page. How do I do this?

Tags (2)
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @cgo ...

Happy New Year!  Sorry to see that your question has been sitting out here without a response since June.  I don't know of any way that you can accomplish this with the existing tools of Canvas.  Discussion topics and classic quizzes/surveys are two completely separate tools within Canvas.  One possible work-around to consider might be to create a Google Form with the question(s) you want to ask.  (Or, if you had Office 365, you could do something similar.)  Then, create your discussion topic.  Embed the form you created in Google to that topic.  It will look like everything is on one page, but all your responses will be collected in Google...not Canvas.  Do you think that this would work for your needs?  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!