cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg_dabelstein
Surveyor II

Assign notifications to particular course teacher

Jump to solution

Is it possible to assign the ntoficiations for a particular quiz or assignment to a particular teacher of the course or is it and all or nothing scenario?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @greg_dabelstein ...

If you are asking about the "Notifications" that you can set up via your Canvas profile page (How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?), then those notifications are for a user's account as a whole and not tied to any specific course.  Therefore, if you set notifications for assignments/quizzes, you'll get notified about those kinds of items for all courses you're enrolled in...not just one course.  The following Feature Idea is currently open for voting if you'd like to take a look at it: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3663-notifications-by-course" modifiedtitle="true" title="Noti....  Please consider voting for it and maybe adding a comment as to why it would be important to you...if you feel that it's similar to what you are asking above.

Hope this helps, Greg.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @greg_dabelstein ...

If you are asking about the "Notifications" that you can set up via your Canvas profile page (How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?), then those notifications are for a user's account as a whole and not tied to any specific course.  Therefore, if you set notifications for assignments/quizzes, you'll get notified about those kinds of items for all courses you're enrolled in...not just one course.  The following Feature Idea is currently open for voting if you'd like to take a look at it: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3663-notifications-by-course" modifiedtitle="true" title="Noti....  Please consider voting for it and maybe adding a comment as to why it would be important to you...if you feel that it's similar to what you are asking above.

Hope this helps, Greg.

View solution in original post

Several instructors at my institution also would like to know how can notifications from specific students be sent to specific instructors?  How can that notification be created/established in Canvas?

Canvas Help (Redirected to cases.canvaslms.com)

#canvas notifications#notification email