Assigning Rubrics to Multiple Discussions for Assignment Grading

Jump to solution
bbernstein
Community Novice

I've copied a rubric into a newly created course, and now I'd like to assign the rubric to a total of 9 discussions across 3 modules (3 discussions per module).  I successfully added the rubric to the discussions, but after attaching them, I'm unable to check the parameter to "Use this rubric for assignment grading" without Canvas automatically creating a new version of the rubric.  What was once a single course-level rubric – Reflection Rubric – attached to 9 different discussions, is now 9 different rubrics – Reflection Rubric (1), Reflection Rubric (2), etc. – with unique rubric ids.

How do I enable the original rubric to grade multiple assignments without creating entirely new rubrics each time???

Thank you

-Ben

1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@bbernstein ​, you've stumbled on an already documented bug - Re: "Use this rubric for assignment grading" BUG

Unfortunately the only way around it for now is to recreate the rubric from scratch in your new course. Rubrics created from scratch in a new course are not having the same problems as rubrics copied over from previous courses. Tedious, yes, but that's what I did to work around it and I felt it was better than having 17 versions of the same rubric. Side note, I opened the original rubric open in one screen and the new one in another screen and just copied and pasted back and forth to re-create the new rubric.

View solution in original post