cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salvvarg
Community Member

Assignment Dropbox?

Jump to solution

This is my first time using canvas. After I create an assignment with a file upload requirement, where do my student's assignments end up?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @salvvarg  Welcome to Canvas and to the Canvas Community!

As a new instructor using Canvas, it is a great idea to become familiar with the Canvas Guides (click "Guides" in the red bar at the top of the Community site), and specifically the Instructor Guide and Canvas Basics Guide .

To answer your question, the best route to go for viewing, annotating, and grading your student's submissions, you will want to go to SpeedGrader. When students submit to an assignment, you will be notified in the To-Do list on your course's home page. Click on the link, and it opens SpeedGrader, and you use the student list to find each student's submission. Learn more at............

Alternately, you can grade assignment submissions using the gradebook..........

I hope you find all of this helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @salvvarg  Welcome to Canvas and to the Canvas Community!

As a new instructor using Canvas, it is a great idea to become familiar with the Canvas Guides (click "Guides" in the red bar at the top of the Community site), and specifically the Instructor Guide and Canvas Basics Guide .

To answer your question, the best route to go for viewing, annotating, and grading your student's submissions, you will want to go to SpeedGrader. When students submit to an assignment, you will be notified in the To-Do list on your course's home page. Click on the link, and it opens SpeedGrader, and you use the student list to find each student's submission. Learn more at............

Alternately, you can grade assignment submissions using the gradebook..........

I hope you find all of this helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @salvvarg  Thank You for posting your question.  Also, welcome to the Community.  We are glad you're here!   @kmeeusen ‌ has given you a ton of great information to get started.  Just a couple things I'd like to add:

• Canvas does not have the term "Dropbox" like you may have been used to in a past LMS you used.  Rather, they are called "Assignments".  And, as Kelley has pointed out, you grade things students submit to you via the SpeedGrader.
  • Here are a few video tutorials that you also might want to look over:
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

I hope this extra bit of information will be of help to you, Salvador.