cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Assignment Resubmission

Jump to solution

I wanted to know if it is possible for my instructor to check on the old files I submitted as an assignment.

As in, if I resubmit an assignment does my old file get overwritten or my instructor simply gets 2 version of files indicating one of them as a newer one.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello rmgandhi@terpmail.umd.edu and welcome to the Canvas Community!    If you submit multiple files for an assignment, your course instructor will be able to see all of the files you submitted.  As you noted, the most recent submissions will be noted and be the one first visible if the assignment is viewed in SpeedGrader.  Assignment submissions don't write over earlier submissions.

Best wishes!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello rmgandhi@terpmail.umd.edu and welcome to the Canvas Community!    If you submit multiple files for an assignment, your course instructor will be able to see all of the files you submitted.  As you noted, the most recent submissions will be noted and be the one first visible if the assignment is viewed in SpeedGrader.  Assignment submissions don't write over earlier submissions.

Best wishes!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello rmgandhi@terpmail.umd.edu...

ericwerth has given you some great help here, and I've gone ahead and marked his response as "Correct".  It sounds like you are a student, but I wanted to provide you with a Guide that describes how this looks from the instructor's point of view.  Please check out this Guide: How do I view the details of a submission for a student in SpeedGrader?  In the section labeled "Evaluate Multiple Submissions", you'll see a screenshot where there is a drop-down list.  If you have re-submitted work to your instructor for the same assignment, this is how your instructor can select the date an the time of each submission.  He/She will have a complete history of all your submissions for that particular assignment...whereas you will only be able to see your most recent submission.  Hope this helps, Romil.

Community Member

Thank you for all your help ericwerth‌ and chofer@morainepark.edu‌!