cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer

Assignment Rules

Jump to solution

I have a faculty member who has four assignments that are weighted, but she has students who are panicking that their grades are either too low or too high, she has a rule set up where it drops the two lowest grades. As of this posting, three assignments have been submitted.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce student's worries on how Canvas makes this grading process? She is currently considering, but not ideal to drop the two lowest scores at the end of the semester after all four assignments have been submitted.

Thank you for your time.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Learner II

Hello Eric!

Since the rule is in place, it sees only grades in place as lowest, so any future assignment isn't being calculated yet.

I would recommend having her turn off the rule until the end of the term, or at least when all grades in that group are in!

James

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Learner II

Hello Eric!

Since the rule is in place, it sees only grades in place as lowest, so any future assignment isn't being calculated yet.

I would recommend having her turn off the rule until the end of the term, or at least when all grades in that group are in!

James

View solution in original post