cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Assignment not showing up in "add to module" list?

I am trying to add an assignment from my assignment page into a module. However, it won't show up when I click the plus icon and select "assignments" - it is just not in the list. I logged out and back in, unpublished and republished the assignment, refreshed the page, all with no luck. Any advice? 

12 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi opetersen@graystoneday.org‌ - any luck with this? I'm running into this same issue.

Best,

Adarsh

Highlighted

Unfortunately no. Just time. Usually 24 hours and a login/logout solves the problem. But it’s a huge pain, let me tell you! Would love a tag if you or anyone else figure it out. 

Highlighted

Hey opetersen@graystoneday.org‌ - I'm not sure how or why but I did seem to shake it loose somehow. First, I noticed that the module into which I wanted to add an assignment included a prerequisite. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but it seemed relevant. I unpublished the module and then republished it. And when I did that, I was prompted to Re-lock the module since I touched the progression requirements. I accepted.

The assignments I wanted to add were new but I had changed their names since creating them. I was now able to see the new assignments with the old name and add them to the module. I then removed them and when I tried to add them again, the new name popped up.

You are probably right about the time fixing the problem - a lot of fiddling about. :smileyconfused:

Adarsh

Highlighted

I have been having this same issue. Usually when I log out and log back in it has fixed it. Might be time to report a bug. 

Highlighted
Surveyor

I am also having this issue. My modules do not have prerequisites, so that is not causing the problem in my case.

Highlighted
Learner II

This has been reported to me as well. Has anyone submitted a ticket yet and heard back?

Highlighted
Surveyor

I am having the same problem.  Please help!

Highlighted
Surveyor

I'm running into the exact same problem today. At this point, I've given it some time, clicked around extensively, and even tried to get it done from an admin account. I'd love to see a solution if an

Highlighted
Surveyor

It is infuriating. It's a major problem and makes it impossible to actually use Modules reliably. If you create a few assignments and try to add them to a module, you MIGHT be able to do it or you might have to wait 5 minutes. Or you might have to wait an hour, who knows?