Assignments in "Lecture Contents" Not Loading

Jump to solution
josephvandorn7
Community Member

Hello Canvas Community,

For one of my courses, I cannot access the content I posted through the "Lecture Contents" section. I can still see the individual items, but they remained frozen in a "loading" state and remain inaccessible. This problem has persisted for over a week.

Here are some other details:

- My contents are accessible through other pages, such as the "Assignments" tab.

- I am teaching 8 courses through Canvas, and none of them have this issue

- The items on "Lecture Contents" cannot be accessed as a student or instructor.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions?

Best,

Joe

0 Likes
1 Solution
josephvandorn7
Community Member

Umm... I seem to have stumbled upon a solution to my problem. I'll describe the process as best I can below for future users. 

The issue began shortly after I started using the "offline attendance" function of the Modules. Because I teach the same course to several different classes, I have been using the "import course content" feature to upload materials efficiently. 

The problem began when I imported a module with offline attendance activated. The attendance item went into the "imported assignments" section. I deleted this file, and the problem disappeared instantly. I also tried moving the attendance item to another folder, but that did not solve the issue. The deletion of the imported attendance item is the key. I cannot explain why, but the method works.

In summary, be careful when importing content with offline attendance. 

Thanks Naomi for your help!

Best,

Joe

View solution in original post