cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ben3
Community Member

Assignments marked as Done for all members of a group at once?

Jump to solution

I've created an Assignment that is Complete/Incomplete for the grade and No Submission. It is a Group Assignment.

Essentially, the students are responsible for simply clicking the 'Mark as done' button when they have completed the assignment.

I was hoping that if 1 member of the group clicked 'Mark as done', that other members would see the Green check mark for that assignment signifying that it is done.

This does not happen. It appears that each member of the group must click 'Mark as done' individually for the group assignment.

So... as this is a group assignment and once someone marks it done, it is done for everyone in the group... am I missing a way for Canvas to mark assignments as done for the rest of the students in the group?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

What if you made it a group assignment and instead of marking as "done" the students had to submit something to a text entry box saying "this is finished for our group" or something simple like that. If you do it that way then Canvas would register it as an actual submission for the group and it would show up in Speedgrader as being submitted for everyone in the group.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

What if you made it a group assignment and instead of marking as "done" the students had to submit something to a text entry box saying "this is finished for our group" or something simple like that. If you do it that way then Canvas would register it as an actual submission for the group and it would show up in Speedgrader as being submitted for everyone in the group.

View solution in original post

ben3
Community Member

Hi Kona - first, I definitely appreciate the input, thank you!

I do like the fact that students in the group can see when the assignment was submitted on their assignment screens, so that is an improvement there.

The system still does not show the assignment as done for the other students, but at least it shows that it was submitted.

Thank you for the idea.

Ben