Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rushx135
Community Member

Assignments not showing in grade book

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have created several groups of assignments and then individual assignments within each group. The groupings show up in the gradebook, but the individual assignments do not show up and there is no way for me to enter grades for them. They were created as being "graded" with a point value and set as "on paper" submission. How can I get the individual assignments to show up in the grade book and how do I enter grades for them?

Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @rushx135  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Can you please check a couple things for me:

• Are you assignments on your "Assignments" page all published with the green check-mark?
  • Do you have these assignments as part of your modules on your "Modules" page?  If so, are each of your modules published with the green check-mark, too?

Since the vast majority of people here in the Community don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course, it's a bit hard to diagnose what this might be, but if you could help clarify the questions I've posted above, that may help.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @rushx135  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Can you please check a couple things for me:

• Are you assignments on your "Assignments" page all published with the green check-mark?
  • Do you have these assignments as part of your modules on your "Modules" page?  If so, are each of your modules published with the green check-mark, too?

Since the vast majority of people here in the Community don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course, it's a bit hard to diagnose what this might be, but if you could help clarify the questions I've posted above, that may help.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rushx135
Community Member

Hi Chris!

I have not published the assignments yet or any other content because the

course page is still being built and not ready to be viewed by students. I

also don't have any modules created as we don't really plan on using that

format to deliver course material. That being said, like I mentioned

before, the assignment groups are showing in the grade book (but not the

individual assignments) and those are not published nor are they in any

modules.

Thanks!

rushx135
Community Member

I did just test to see if it would show up once it's published and it looks

like that's what does the trick! A bit confusing since other unpublished

items show up in the grade book, but glad I know that it will work!

Thanks again!

Hello  @rushx135 ...

I'm not sure how that is possible.  If an assignment is not published, then it will not show up in your Gradebook.  Once you publish an assignment, then it shows up in your Gradebook.  If you are seeing something contrary to what I've stated, then I would recommend that you reach out to Canvas support because that doesn't sound like normal Canvas behavior.  How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?