cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Assignments not showing up in the "to do" column on the right - help!

Hello,

I am an instructor and I have a discussion listed in my modules and there is a link for it, but it is not showing up in the "to do" column on the right. It's also on the event calendar and listed properly  I also looked at it in student view and the students can't see it either. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

6 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Hi tgivenchy@pierce.ctc.edu​, the first thing I would check is whether the assignment has been published. When a teacher creates an assignment, it will immediately appear in their calendar for the course in question, but it won't appear in the "to do" or "coming up" list until it has been published. To check, go into the assignment as a teacher and see if it says "published" in green at the top. If not then click the Publish button.

Highlighted

The magic is "allow threaded replies!" Thanks for the help!

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

If the discussion is showing up everywhere but on the Modules page and "to do", that makes me wonder if the Module the discussion is in is published? Here's a guide that might help you double-check this - How do I use Draft State in Modules?

Highlighted
Community Member

It sounds like the issue is the module not being published, but another thing to check is whether it is a graded discussion? Ungraded activities don't show up in the "to do" list. (More info here:   ) 

Highlighted

I just double checked that it is published and graded and it is both. Students have already responded because I gave them the link. It's just not showing up on the "to do." Thanks for the reply. I just read your post about student paying attention to things that are ONLY in the "to do" list--which is quite entertaining because it's true. 

Highlighted
Community Member

The magic is "allow threaded replies!" Thanks for the help!