Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Associating Icons With Assignments In Grades

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Is there a way to add images to the assignment names that show up in the grade list? I'm trying to associate each assignment in a course with a visual cue, and it seems like a long shot, but I was hoping that I could pair the image with the name in as many places as possible.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi William,

Unfortunately there is no way to achieve this in the grade book today. You could log a feature idea in the Ideas‌ area and champion this with your peers and other Canvas users to see if this could be something considered in the future.

I can definitely see how the visual cue would be useful (so much of what we do is based on visual cues), so if you do lodge the feature idea, make sure to come back here and leave a link so that I (and others) can find it down the track.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi William,

Unfortunately there is no way to achieve this in the grade book today. You could log a feature idea in the Ideas‌ area and champion this with your peers and other Canvas users to see if this could be something considered in the future.

I can definitely see how the visual cue would be useful (so much of what we do is based on visual cues), so if you do lodge the feature idea, make sure to come back here and leave a link so that I (and others) can find it down the track.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for pointing me to the Ideas page! I just submitted my suggestion now.

If anything comes of it, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,

William

Highlighted

Hi William,

No worries at all, please feel free to come back and post a link to the idea so others can easily find it in future!

Cheers,
Stuart

Highlighted
Lamplighter II

Hi William Guida,

You could always put an emoji in the title of the assignment. I like the full assortment available from https://emojipedia.org/ 

I suggest putting the icon at the front of the assignment name so that you can see the visual cue in the gradebook.

Emoji in assignment name

Cheers - Shar

Highlighted

Now that is what I call thinking outside the box Sharmaine! Love your work!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Oh that's brilliant! Thank you!

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels