cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmarton
Surveyor II

Attendance for 200 students

I have an instructor who is currently teaching Intro to International Business with about 200 students in one live lecture per week. He is currently creating a mini quiz that he opens at some point during or at the end of class, for the students to take, indicating their attendance and to some extent their understanding of the presentation. Is there an easier way?

3 Replies
gunther
Surveyor

Are you asking if there is an easier way to take attendance?

At this point, not really. Taking attendance in large classes has been a challenge since the beginning of education, which is why a fair amount of larger classes in lecture halls have scrapped the idea of attendance.

The issue of attendance in general has been a hot-button topic in previous Canvas idea postings:

Attendance Overhaul

bmarton
Surveyor II

I thought about iclicker. Any thoughts or experiences with using this

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @bmarton ...

I have been reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I came across your question.  I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since February 13, 2019.  In reading through this topic, it looks like you may have been thinking about iClicker.  Did you end up trying this?  I know there are a couple third-party LTI integrations for iClicker that may work with Canvas, but I don't know if they would work specifically with attendance...as I'm a Canvas administrator for our school and do not teach.  Here are the LTIs:

Edu App Center: iClicker Registration 

Edu App Center: iClicker Sync 

Also, if you feel that the above response from  @gunther  has helped to answer your question, please feel free to mark his question as "Correct".  However, if you still have questions for Community members, please let us know by posting a message below so that someone might be able to help you out.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for over five months.  However, that will not prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's okay with you, Brooke.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.