cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruth_luckner
Community Member

Attendance roll call

Jump to solution

I would like to track attendance  for an intake of full-time students. The students attend multiple classes throughout the day and need to be recorded for each class. Does anyone have advice on whether Roll Call in Canvas is suitable to do this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

The only way Attendance in Canvas would work is if you have a different course for each of the courses the students are in. You can't take attendance for multiple courses in one course in Canvas.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

The only way Attendance in Canvas would work is if you have a different course for each of the courses the students are in. You can't take attendance for multiple courses in one course in Canvas.

View solution in original post

Thanks Kona. Have you used the Kipin Attendance app and would you recommend it for taking roll call over Attendance in Canvas. Or would you suggest a separate student management system. Our College is hoping to track students throughout the day, and at the moment they are using spreadsheets and other manual systems.

I haven't tried the Kipin Attendance app, so I can't speak as to whether it would be better than Canvas. In general Attendance in Canvas is kind of lacking and probably not the best thing to use.