Auto Grade Deduction Assignment Exception

Jump to solution
mcentrella628
Community Novice

Right now I have my instructor's ELMS page (I'm the Teacher Assistant) set up to automatically apply a deduction to late submissions.

He has asked me to disable this for a few assignments. Is there a way to turn this feature off for certain assignments, without affecting the previously graded ones?

This is time-sensitive, so if anyone could help ASAP, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Michael,

There is not a way to selectively disable the Late grade deduction policy for specific assignments.  It's an all-or-nothing setting in the new Gradebook.  Also, changing the policy partway through the semester will affect previous grades as well as new ones.

The only workarounds I can really see are 1) change or get rid of the due date setting for the assignments that should not be penalized for being late, since Canvas determines whether something is "Late" based on that, or 2) manually change the status for each late submission in the Grade Detail tray, either to "None" (that is, not late, missing, or excused), or the "Days Late" to "0" if you still want it to show as late but not be penalized.  Note that this would have to be done fort each individual submission.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Likes