cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Auto Open Inline file previews in quiz questions

If you have a question bank with essay questions in a legacy quiz and you want to attach files, can you have them auto open the inline preview to show when students open the question? When I create a question group linked to that bank and I try to take the quiz as a student, I get a message that says I am about to navigate away from my quiz. Is it possible to show the inline preview of the file(s)?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Lamplighter II

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Sharmaine,

I got it to open when I created individual questions in the quiz itself, but once I added them to a group linked to a question bank, they stopped auto-opening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Heidi,

Oh that is curious indeed! Seems like a bug to me, submit a help ticket and see what they have to say.

Hmm, and even if it is a bug you still need a workaround...

• Is it a long document? Can you use an image of the document snippet instead?
  • Do you have access to another server? Can you link to the document cloud location and choose open in another window so that it doesn't leave the quiz but just opens in another tab when a user clicks on the link?
  • What if you use a (text) no question to house the document or the content of the document?

Grasping at ideas,
Cheers - Shar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I have the same problem. If I add a single question to a quiz or a group within a quiz, links automatically preview as expected. But if I add the identical question to a bank and then tell the quiz to draw questions from the bank, the link does not automatically open. This is hugely frustrating. Help?

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels