Highlighted
Community Member

Auto Publishing

Jump to solution

Is there a way to publish a module, but not publish everything that is in the module?  I want to publish material as we progress in our content, but I have to go back and unpublish everything in the module.  Other than putting "control" dates on every activity, is there another way to control this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

cmart@tsc.k12.in.us, if the module was unpublished, you added all the content to the Module, and then published the Module, then yes, all content will be published - there is no way around this. The best you could do is what you already menteioned, if some of these are assignments, discussions, or quizzes, you could set a availability date so that these content items aren't available until a specific date/time.

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

cmart@tsc.k12.in.us, if the module was unpublished, you added all the content to the Module, and then published the Module, then yes, all content will be published - there is no way around this. The best you could do is what you already menteioned, if some of these are assignments, discussions, or quizzes, you could set a availability date so that these content items aren't available until a specific date/time.

Kona

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Although this isn't exactly a graceful workaround, if you create items and links under an unpublished module, you could then move them to the correct module and publish them. 

Or, set up all your empty modules and publish them, then add content, as it won't be automatically published. This would work best for modules that are either very generic ("Readings") or, if you had something like a week by week framework, just letting students know to check during the correct week for updates (you could use a 'text header' for this I suppose) might help with "Why is Week 5 empty, do we not have work that week?" style questions.