cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgajardo
Surveyor

Auto-refreshing during videos and quizzes

I use google chrome, and for some reason when I am watching a recorded lecture or taking a quiz, my page starts to refresh and I then lose my spot in the lecture. It's frustrating because I have to then again find where I left off in the video. I'm also frightened that when I'm taking exams on proctorio that these auto-refresh pop-ups are going to flag my exam as cheating. 

Please let me know if there is any way to fix this from happening. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I suggest checking which extensions you have installed in Chrome.  I've never heard of this type of refreshing behavior with Chrome so my guess is that something else on your system is causing this to happen, and a browser extension is where I'd start looking.  A good way to test this is to try using Google Chrome in Incognito mode (click 3 dots in upper right corner and choose New Incognito window).  In this mode all browser extensions are disabled, so if you don't see the page refresh issue in incognito, it's likely do to an extension.  

Here is some help about how to manage extensions in Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/2664769?hl=en

Rick