Automatic grading of replies in discussion forums as 100 if submitted?

Jump to solution
dr_sten
Community Participant

Hi,

First time Canvas user and the UX/UI already giving me nightmares.

I set up several posts to which the students post replies. I don't want to check/grade/view/read every reply separately. If it's there, the student gets a 100, if not the students gets a 0 for that particular post. How can I make this happen? Easy in Moodle.

Else how can I export the number of replies per post per student to csv? every line a student, every column a post and the cell is the number of  replies?

Browsed the forum and except some 404s couldn't find any pertinent info. 

Thank you in advance,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @dr_sten ...

Welcome to the Canvas Community!  Glad to have you here.  Unfortunately, there is nothing built in to the core Canvas product that lets you easily count discussion postings from your students.  However, @James Jones has developed a user script as a Re: Canvancements - Canvas Enhancements which I think you might be interested in called How to Count Student Discussion Posts - Canvas Community.  In his blog posting, James provides detailed instructions on how to set this up...as well as a short video showing you how it works.  I hope it will be of some help to you.

Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...or even post your questions about James' script directly to his blog.  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post