cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twassmer
Surveyor II

Avoid duplicate questions in quizzes pulled from test banks

Jump to solution

How can I avoid duplicate questions when pulling from question banks that have partially the same questions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Unfortunately,  @twassmer , the short answer is that you cannot.  I helped answer a somewhat similar question in the past here:  Do quiz questions while choosing "find questions" also show up as part of a question group?   The bottom line is that you will pretty much have to use the "Find Questions" routine (outlined here:  How do I create a quiz by finding questions in a question bank? )  I'm not too sure even Priority: Quizzes.Next‌ is going to have this ability, either, though you may want to keep an eye out on developments in that new quizzing engine, which is still in Beta.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Unfortunately,  @twassmer , the short answer is that you cannot.  I helped answer a somewhat similar question in the past here:  Do quiz questions while choosing "find questions" also show up as part of a question group?   The bottom line is that you will pretty much have to use the "Find Questions" routine (outlined here:  How do I create a quiz by finding questions in a question bank? )  I'm not too sure even Priority: Quizzes.Next‌ is going to have this ability, either, though you may want to keep an eye out on developments in that new quizzing engine, which is still in Beta.  

View solution in original post

Thanks Ken. I thought as much. Unfortunately, it was not as easy to compare several 10s of questions in Canvas - or Wimba or TestGen but decently easy in Respondus - then export to QTI - and import into my course...