cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Learner II

Awarding badges to student email addresses

Jump to solution

We have a permissions issue with one of our Badgr users where the teacher is awarding badges to students based on module completion requirements. Unfortunately, the badges are being awarded to hashed identifiers instead of to the student's email address. This defeats the purpose of portable badges. Is there a permissions setting at the account or course level that is preventing this? It does not appear to be Read SIS Data permission setting, the teacher can view student emails. Any ideas? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Robbie,

Yes, we met with some of your Canvas technical team members and found a solution. They were very helpful and we are grateful!

Thank you for checking in.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Thank you Stefanie!

Community Coach
Community Coach

khammond@concentricsky.com,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for contacting me. The issue is not resolved. I am still hoping for information that might help move this along.

Kim

Kim,

Have you reached out to Badgr or to your Canvas CSM?  Have you opened a trouble ticket with Canvas Support?

Robbie

Learner II

The Badgr folks have been pretty receptive to help requests from me.  You might want to reach out to them.  Surprisingly, the fastest way for me to contact them (other than in person at InstructureCon) was at through Twitter.

Community Member

I've been looking at Badgr also and hit the same issue.  I don't understand how Badgr is listed as a Premium Partner Premier Partner - Badgr, and yet a core feature of badge portability is missing.   

I'd like to know if anyone finds a solution also, thanks.

I should note here that after bringing this issue up with Badgr, they worked with Canvas to rectify this issue and its now resolved.   Thanks khammond@concentricsky.com‌ for your help in this.

Community Coach
Community Coach

khammond@concentricsky.com,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie