Highlighted
Community Member

BB to Canvas

Jump to solution

My institution is transitioning from BB to Canvas during the Spring 2020 semester. I created a Canvas account with my institution email to learn Canvas with LinkedIn Learning. When my institution initiates Canvas for instructors and students - will my current Canvas account and profile information be imported to the new Canvas environment?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Hi Alan,

Congrats on transitioning over to Canvas. But to answer your question, no your current Canvas account, will not transition into your institutions Canvas environment as they are completely separate instances. Your institution will create you a new account in their Canvas and you will have to update your profile information again. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Hi Alan,

Congrats on transitioning over to Canvas. But to answer your question, no your current Canvas account, will not transition into your institutions Canvas environment as they are completely separate instances. Your institution will create you a new account in their Canvas and you will have to update your profile information again. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Learner II

Hi alan.pruitt@icloud.com Welcome to the Canvas Community, and welcome to the Canvas LMS!

By "Created a Canvas account", did you mean that you created a "Free for Teachers" account" (FFT)?

If so, then the quick answer is "No", your FFT account will not transfer over to your school's new instance of Canvas.

What you can do is export the course content you create in FFT, then import that content into your courses in your school's new instance. You can learn more at......

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

Highlighted
Community Member

Yes - I created the FFT account for the LinkedIn Learning experience. 

I understand now - many thanks!

Alan