cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyndalj1
Community Member

Badges and Blueprint Courses

I manage several blueprint courses for my district, and we would like to use Badgr to award students badges for various achievements in the course. I have attached requirements to the preferred assignments, and aligned them to my badges, but the badges will not sync to the associated courses. Is there any way to do this, or will the owners of every associated course have to create their own badges?

Tags (1)
8 Replies
khammond
Learner II

@tyndalj1 

Thanks for your feedback. We've had several requests for badges to come along with blueprints or course copies and are investigating whether or not this may be possible with Canvas. We'll be looking at our options over the next few weeks. Our development timeline is quite full so if it is possible, it may not be made available for some time.

How about an update on this item?

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@tyndalj1 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

Hildi_Pardo
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi, We have this situation where we have a required course for all secondary students (6-12) in our district.  We've made one master (blueprint), and are making copies for each secondary school/building -- we want students to earn the same district badge.  We also are looking to have badges synch with all the associated courses. 

penny_christens
Learner II

This is a good question. Maybe Badgr can provide an update?

I can envision core courses which may be personalized at the building level, I'd push these out through BluePrint courses, but not if badgr doesn't push out badges with the course.

khammond
Learner II

I'm glad there is so much interest in blueprinting courses with badges! As mentioned earlier, our roadmap is quite full for the next 12 months or so and we'll be looking at which features user want most after that. While I can't guarantee anything, blueprint definitely on the list for discussion. In the meantime, we'll be releasing lots of other improvements and features.

elevine_1
Surveyor

Badgr! I have 160+ courses! I just caaan't go in and edit all of them just to add a badge. I'll go insane. Please fix this Smiley Sad 

Hi  @elevine_1 ‌

Whew, sounds like you have your hands full with so many courses! We are planning to add some new features toward the end of this year as part of our Badgr Pro subscription package. This will include the ability to lock certain issuers to courses or sub-accounts. We hope this will help larger districts and organizations better manage their badging programs on a larger scale. Keep on the lookout for the announcements and thanks for being part of the Badgr family.