Become an expert in Canvas

Jump to solution
Garrett-0-Abb
Community Member

It has become apparent that many of the administrators in our district are not knowledgeable about all the wonderful applications that teachers can use in Canvas, either because of time constraints, being overwhelmed themselves, over cautionary, etc., and this is causing teachers to work around, abandoned, give-up, etc. on Canvas. I am trying to keep this from happening in my department, but as teachers try to do new thing or explore some of the options that they have seen via., team meeting, YouTube, zoom, etc. many teachers are realizing that their restriction level is too high to incorporate the applications that many are already using around the globe. 

What I would like to know is:

Is it possible to get a mock Canvas account, with administrator privilege so I can create a class for the administrator in our district? Are there classes I can take that can help me make a compelling argument so administrator can understand why teachers need more control over their Canvas classes? 

I really want teachers to see Canvas as a tool and not a hazard. This is the 5th online learning program I have used, and there are a lot of tools in Canvas that other learning programs have not tapped into. There are also many tools that Canvas could improve upon to make learning easier for teachers and students a like. 

Please help me.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@Garrett-0-Abb 

This is a great collection of questions and great attitude to seek more knowledge!

There is a Free-For-Teachers instance of Canvas that you can create and account in and play around.  It doesn't not give you full admin access, but you may have more features available to you there than in your school instance? 

If you're curious about the admin role you could start with 

Getting Started - Canvas Community 

And dive deeper in the Admin Guide - Canvas Community 

The Video Guide - Canvas Community may also be helpful!

View solution in original post