Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brian_marum
Surveyor

Big Blue Button, iPad

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are currently testing the HTML 5 version of Big Blue Button.  We had two participants in a test today who attended via ipad but they weren't able to hear the others but we could hear them.  

All the settings were correct on the iPads and volume was turned up.  

Any idea what was wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
orwinr
Learner II

Hi  @brian_marum ,

I just tested this on my iPad using Safari as Chrome on the iPad isn't supported yet. I joined the meeting, allowed the system to access my microphone, did the echo test which confirmed that all was working well and joined the meeting. I could hear others in the meeting and they could hear me. I would make sure they were using Safari and also verify that the echo test worked correctly. If the echo test didn't work then I would look at the version of iOS.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
orwinr
Learner II

Hi  @brian_marum ,

I just tested this on my iPad using Safari as Chrome on the iPad isn't supported yet. I joined the meeting, allowed the system to access my microphone, did the echo test which confirmed that all was working well and joined the meeting. I could hear others in the meeting and they could hear me. I would make sure they were using Safari and also verify that the echo test worked correctly. If the echo test didn't work then I would look at the version of iOS.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Many thanks for this.  I am using Safari and on the most recent version of iOS (12.2) but still no sound.  The microphone is working fine on the iPad just can't hear the others.  

So, it doesn't pass the echo test,  @brian_marum ?

No, the echo test doesn’t work. The play sound from speaker works but not if I talk into the iPad. Did some checking today and see that they have had this problem before.

Sent from my iPad

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Brian - I'm wondering how the iOS and Canvas Student updates have affected the BigBlueButton experience?

Hi Kristin.

We haven’t actually used Big Blue Button since.  We tried it as part of a project here our students were out in clinical practice and were having virtuell Reflection groups.  We had a lot of technical problems using BBB so we moved over to Zoom which is much more stable.  

Brian