Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer II

BigBlueButton - Accessing a conference without a canvas userId

Jump to solution

Hi Canvas Community 😃 

How are you all? 

I'm starting using Bbb and i have a doubt that i'm not finding if it's possible to achieve. 

On other collaborate software, i could invite any user, enrolled student or not, to join a conference (sending the URL). The same behaviour is possible on Bbb?? If yes, how can i achieve it? I tried paste the url from a conference but did not worked. 

Have a nice day. 

Regards,
Alexandre S.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi  Alexandre,

I'm the product manager for BigBlueButton, which is the virtual classroom for Canvas Conferences.  While I work at Blindside Networks and can't speak directly for Instructure, I can answer your question.

> On other collaborate software, i could invite any user, enrolled student or not, to join a conference (sending the URL). The same behaviour is possible on Bbb?? If yes, how can i achieve it? I tried paste the url from a conference but did not worked. 

This capability isn't available in the default version of Canvas Conferences, but it is available if your school upgraded to the Premium Tier version (which also offers permanent recordings).

If your interested in finding out more information on upgrading, just reach out to your Canvas Rep.  They can provide you all the details.

Regards,... Fred

--

BigBlueButton Developer

(I also moonlight as the CEO of Blindside Networks)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello alexandre.schneider@centrouniversitariofam.com Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  I am going to tag ffdixon@blindsidenetworks.com‌ in on my reply as he might be able to better answer this question for you.  I hope this will be helpful to you, Alexandre.

Highlighted

Hi chofer@morainepark.edu‌, thank you for your reply and help to solve my question. Will be waiting ffdixon@blindsidenetworks.com‌ (he is the Ceo of Bbb right?) to answer my question. 

This community Rox! o/

Regards, 
Alexandre S.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi  Alexandre,

I'm the product manager for BigBlueButton, which is the virtual classroom for Canvas Conferences.  While I work at Blindside Networks and can't speak directly for Instructure, I can answer your question.

> On other collaborate software, i could invite any user, enrolled student or not, to join a conference (sending the URL). The same behaviour is possible on Bbb?? If yes, how can i achieve it? I tried paste the url from a conference but did not worked. 

This capability isn't available in the default version of Canvas Conferences, but it is available if your school upgraded to the Premium Tier version (which also offers permanent recordings).

If your interested in finding out more information on upgrading, just reach out to your Canvas Rep.  They can provide you all the details.

Regards,... Fred

--

BigBlueButton Developer

(I also moonlight as the CEO of Blindside Networks)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Fred, thanks for your fast and accurate answer. 

Loving  this community 😃 

Regards,
Alexandre S.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels